The Gwiddle Foundation is a non-profit based in the United Kingdom, setting the standards for low-cost student web hosting and Computer Science education. Used internationally, with a volunteer crew from a variety of different backgrounds and locations, our work has reached hundreds of students of all ages across the world.
We are committed to our volunteers, striving to provide the best experience possible. We aim to be an organisation volunteers can be proud of, and fully support our team with whatever personal or professional undertakings they may have. Volunteering with Gwiddle can be used towards extra-curricular awards and qualifications such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, where it can count towards your Volunteering module.
You will be taking key responsibility for The Gwiddle Foundation’s design – you will be responsible for delivering high quality digital designs for the web and for print. Your work will include document design, merchandise such as t-shirts, and website layout. You will communicate the charity’s work in an engaging and eye-catching manner.
This is an ideal opportunity to express your creative side for a good cause and have your work seen by hundreds of students and teachers.
- Producing layouts and designs for a variety of mediums to a high standard
- Creating eye-catching posters and merchandise to attract new students, fundraise and recruit
- Working alongside the development, PR and management teams to deliver on projects
- Managing our brand identity and ensuring we maintain a consistent brand image
- Appropriately managing time and making effective use of task management systems such as Trello.
We would prefer:
- Candidates who are familiar with Gwiddle’s services
- Candidates who can demonstrate familiarity with word processing and digital art packages through a portfolio or other demonstration of prior work
- Candidates who are keen to help spread the word about our work
Other responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating a professional and courteous attitude
- Abiding by Gwiddle’s Volunteer Agreement
- Becoming familiar with Gwiddle’s services and their use.
- Working with other volunteers to ensure a high quality service is provided to everyone.
We will prioritise registered STEM Ambassadors, individuals studying an arts/marketing based course, or a related subject at any level, and those who can demonstrate a clear interest in the work we do.
Apply Now – This will take you to the volunteer opportunities application form.