Gwiddle is a non-profit based in the United Kingdom, setting the standards for low-cost student web hosting and Computer Science education. Used internationally, with a volunteer crew from a variety of different backgrounds and locations, our work has reached hundreds of students of all ages across the world.
We are committed to our volunteers, striving to provide the best experience possible. We aim to be an organisation volunteers can be proud of, and fully support our team with whatever personal or professional undertakings they may have. Volunteering with Gwiddle can be used towards extra-curricular awards and qualifications such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, where it can count towards your Volunteering or Skill modules.
You will be the face of Gwiddle – you will manage our social media presence, produce and plan marketing materials, and form the basis of our PR department in a quickly-growing, fast-paced team of volunteers.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the organisation’s Social Media channels
- Forming the basis of the PR department, potentially managing the onboarding of additional volunteers in your department
- Create and maintain Social Media scheduling in order to ensure the appropriate and consistent use of Social Media
- Create promotional materials including images for use on social media, leaflets, etc.
- Liaising with the Support department to relay support requests from users through social media channels
- Liaising with other departments such as Operations and Development to ensure information about service outages, changes to systems, etc are communicated quickly and effectively.
- If desired and able, attend real-world events on behalf of Gwiddle to promote its aims.
Other responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating a professional and courteous attitude
- Abiding by Gwiddle’s Volunteer Agreement
- Becoming familiar with Gwiddle’s services and their use.
- Working with other volunteers to ensure a high quality service is provided to everyone.
We will prioritise registered STEM Ambassadors, individuals studying Computer Science or a related subject at any level, and those who can demonstrate a clear interest in the work we do.
Apply Now – This will take you to the volunteer opportunities application form.